Your eyewear doesn’t need to be boring! At Eye See Ravenswood, you'll find a selection of unique and stylish frames to fit your personality. Our experienced staff will help you find the right pair of eyeglasses for the look you are trying to achieve. We want you to love your glasses!
We have lenses to fit every prescription and style. Our board certified optician will assist you in the selection of your frames to fit your face and your style as well as your prescription. Our optician is skilled in assessing your specific vision needs and matching your needs to the great variety of lens and frame options available today.
Our patients have choices
- We provide access to the most current lens designs available today which improve both cosmetic appearance and visual function. Designs such as super thin high index lens materials, progressive addition or "no-line" multifocal lenses, photochromatic "transitions" lenses. All our lens designs are custom designed digitally for every frame and lens combination. No two are ever the same.
- Progressive Lenses: The newest development in progressive lenses is fabrication via back surface digital technologies. This exciting development allows our laboratories to customize each lens prescription according to the unique individual needs of the patient’s prescription. We instruct our lab to digitally etch the patient’s prescription on the rear surface of the lens in such as way as to maximize visual performance for that individual patient. The result is a lens design that provides sharper vision and a wider and more useful lens area from edge to edge of the lens. Our patients have reported dramatic improvements in adaptation and vision function with these new lens designs.
- Polarized Sun Lenses: A fantastic development in lens technology for sunglass wearers allows over 99% light transmission with dramatic reduction in glare. These lenses absorb over 98% of both harmful UVA and UVB radiation.
- Antireflective (AR): Filters are applied to lenses in order to increase total light transmission and reduce reflected light from the surface of lenses. This results in reduced glare, which is especially helpful at night when driving, as well as a marked improvement in the appearance of the lenses. Those annoying surface reflections noticed when looking at the eyes of someone wearing glasses without AR filters are virtually eliminated. New manufacturing technologies in AR lenses produce filters that provide the crispest optics and stay free of oils and deposits that were common to older AR designs.
- Transitions: New lightweight plastic photochromatic lenses are able to change from light to dark tint in just a moment. These lenses lighten to about a 5% tint and darken to a 80% tint when exposed to the UV rays of the sun. Now many patients can avoid the trouble of having two pairs of glasses while still taking advantage of virtually all lens designs such as invisible bifocals, thin lenses, etc. and still have the UV protection of prescription sun glasses all in one pair.
- Computer Eyewear: Today, a majority of people use computers most of the day, this includes cell phones and tablets. This creates specific and unique vision demands that if not addressed will result in eye strain, fatigue, blur, and reduced comfort and decreased visual efficiency. New lens materials and designs allow your eyewear to block the high energy light and maximize your viewing experience.
- Chemistrie Click: (eyenavision.com) Chemistrie Sun Lenses have gone above and beyond the everyday clip-on. Utilizing a patented Chemistrie Magnetic Lens Layering Technology, all of our sunlenses are custom made to fit virtually ANY frame. This clip technology allows for customization for computers and reading as well. Instead of wearing a bifocal, a clear clip is simply attached to your current lens for a full reading area.
Eyeglass Frame Lines:
The staff at Eye See Ravenswood can help you select the frame that's right for you. You have hundreds of frames to choose from.
Learn more about our designer frame lines:
Randolph Engineering Scott Harris
Hackett (London) OGA
Lafont (Paris) Legre
Liberty Sport William Morris
State Optical INVU
Eye Glasses For Your Lifestyle
Your eye glasses should correct your vision and protect you from eye strain and harmful UV rays. Because we live such active lives, it is important to have eye glasses that help us see clearly at all times. Consider a variety of eye glasses for:
- Daily Wear
- Computer work Sports
- Spare Pair
- Special Occasion
Discuss your lifestyle with Dr. Stein to ensure you have the right eye wear solutions.